Episode 04-Helping Mothers Recover from Substance Use with Debra Bercuvitz
- Debra Bercuvitz shares his her mission of helping mothers who fall into substance abuse.
- What are some services available for Mothers and their Child? Debra mentions that there is prenatal support for mothers of addiction but once the 4th trimester comes around, they stop looking for help and relapse. Debra shares her passion to help get these mothers more postpartum resources.
- Debra and I break down the stigma around mothers that are struggling with addiction. Debra shares how we can better communicate with them. It’s about showing compassion and understanding the bigger picture!
- “The most important thing that they can hear from their provider is, YOU GOT THIS!” – Debra Bercuvitz
- Debra shares some encouragement to mothers that may be struggling with addiction. She wants others to know that you are not alone and there are many resources available!