Episode 05-Providing Resources for Mothers Struggling with Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorder with Anne Heppenstall
– Anne and I talk about the increase in Mothers being open about their struggles. This is such a big shift in our country and we are happy to see that the awareness of perinatal mood and anxiety disorders grow!
– We discuss how many of our families in Las Vegas lack family support because they may have moved across the country from family or the spouse has been deployed and can be away for up to a year!
– How do we help mothers feel comfortable in attending a support group or mommy mixer? Anne shares that we have to meet the mother where she is at. If she is struggling with pmad, the best is for her to attend a support group and be surrounded with people that can relate to her!
– Anne shares her work with helping mothers struggling with substance abuse. We talk about how our community can show more compassion for this mother!
About the Guest:
Anne Heppenstall is a licensed clinical social worker in the Las Vegas area and works specifically with mothers and babies. Since November of 2017, Anne has worked with The Southern Nevada Maternal Child and Health Coalition by taking calls from mothers who are struggling with a perinatal mood and anxiety disorder.
- “With postpartum depression and anxiety, if well treated it can go away and you can heal!” – Anne Heppenstall
- Postpartum Support Group at Doulas of Las Vegas
- Postpartum Support Group with The Always with Me Foundation