Episode 05-Providing Resources for Mothers Struggling with Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorder with Anne Heppenstall
– Anne talks about the increase in mothers being open about their struggles of perinatal mood and anxiety disorders. The shift of awareness concerning perinatal mood and anxiety disorders or PMAD is a positive movement in women’s health.
– The importance of family support is discussed.
– How do we help mothers feel comfortable in attending a support group or mommy mixer?
– Anne shares her work with helping mothers and how our community can show more compassion.
About the Guest:
Anne Heppenstall is a licensed clinical social worker in the Las Vegas area and works specifically with mothers and babies. Since November of 2017, Anne has worked with The Southern Nevada Maternal Child and Health Coalition by taking calls from mothers who are struggling with a perinatal mood and anxiety disorder.
- “With postpartum depression and anxiety, if well treated it can go away and you can heal!” – Anne Heppenstall
- Postpartum Support Group at Doulas of Las Vegas
- Postpartum Support Group with The Always with Me Foundation