Episode 06- Annette Cycon and Liz Friedman are the founders of the GPS or Group Peer Support, which is a model of support groups that take an integrated and intersectional community-based group approach.
- Liz reminds mothers that if they are struggling with something, it’s not their fault. Community contributes to support because it truly does take a village to raise a family!
- Every mother has her own birth story.
- Liz and Annette have been in the field of helping mothers with PPD for many of years and they share what has changed in the community.
- “It’s not your fault!” – Liz Friedman
- “A good mother is one that takes care of herself first!” – Annette Cycon